Notify Deakin 研究 - Grants of your successful project (non ARC and NHMRC projects)
Notice of award forms must have Head of School approval.
- Deakin 研究 – Grants uses the information to complete the 研究 Master entry and enter the awarded amounts, which are critical for University reporting.
- Deakin 研究 – Grants will issue the documentation required to commence research contract negotiations.
If you require ethics approval, visit 皇冠电子研究-诚信 然后提交申请.
Establish and negotiate the research contract or agreement
Read and check the funding body's research contract or agreement. Does the contract or agreement:
- have all parties and obligations correctly listed?
- outline the project accurately?
- accurately reflect the agreed milestones and deliverables?
- meet your expectations in regards to ownership of IP and publication?
It is important that researchers inform Deakin 研究 - Grants on their perspective regarding the intent of any discussions or verbal agreements made with the funding body or other participants so that these discussion are accurately represented in any agreement.
Deakin 研究 – Grants will:
- review the contract against any instructions
- aim to protect your rights and those of the University
- refer the contract and any instructions to the University Solicitor for advice
- initiate the correct university process if the award is $500K+
- provide feedback on the contract and highlight possible issues or contentious clauses for your consideration and comment
- seek further advice on accepting contracts deemed 'contentious'.
Check the progress of contract negotiations
It takes time to properly check and vet contracts and associated instructions. Contracts requiring multi-party agreement regularly experience significant delay due to the number of parties and the need to seek legal advice.
The speed with which a contract can be executed is dependent on a number of factors including the responsiveness of the parties involved.
Deakin 研究 – Grants will endeavour to inform the lead investigator about the progress of any contract negotiations. If you wish to check on the progress of negotiations, contact the 授予高级官员 but please be realistic in your expectations of progress.
Deakin 研究 – Grants will request an account code from Finance & Business Services once the contract has been executed. The lead investigator will be informed by email of the account code.
Transferring awards is complicated and time consuming. 达成协议的各方, 包括资助机构, must agree to a transfer before it can occur. New agreements must be negotiated and executed by all parties before account codes can be established and work re-commenced.
Delays are often encountered as a large number of researchers are often seeking award transfers during 研究 offices' busiest period, i.e. January–April of each calendar year.